The 2020-21 School Year is centered on the following key priorities that guide our work and decision-making as we address the challenges of the past year and look forward towards the vision of a brighter future for our city and its students:
- Physical and mental health of our students, teachers, staff, and families.
- Social-emotional and trauma-informed support for all students.
- Early Literacy screening and tailored support to ensure students reach crucial milestones along their educational journey.
- Culturally responsive instruction that allows students to see themselves reflected in the materials and lessons of their education.
- Digital access and literacy, building upon technological investments of the past year to ensure access to devices for every student who needs one.
- Increased Special Education supports including additional Special Education Pre-K seats and weekend and after school programming for students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), from our youngest learners to students preparing for graduation.
- Expanded Multilingual Support focused on providing students and their families equitable access to resources and opportunities that help students succeed inside and outside the classroom.
- College and Career readiness including Universal College Financial Aid guidance, increased access to Advanced Placement classes, and free college counseling for every junior and senior to better prepare students for the next step in life, whether it’s college or the beginning of their career in the workforce.